07 December 2012

More of the Island

Ok....some more shots from the trip.  One of my favorite activities when on the island is chasing the light.  Because the island is small....I can catch sunset on the east side by the lagoon and then head west to see the end at the cliffs....what a lovely chase. 
I heard a rumor while on the island that the Gay Head light (in this shot on the cliffs) is for sale.....seemed odd, but I couldn't find any more out.  Wonder what a lighthouse, circa 1799 goes for?
 
 

Many of the shots come from walks into Edgartown in the mornings or generally walks around the island.  The early morning light on the Edgartown Harbour is breathtaking. 

This time of year, the bay scallops are abundant....every morning...on our walk, we saw the fishermen coming in and unloading their baskets full of these little treats. I did make a fettuccine with farm veggies and bay scallops for dinner...yum. 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: