28 March 2012

A Little Briar Lace

Ok....so I have had this pattern in my pile of "I would like to knit this" for 15 years and finally a yarn came along that was perfect.  You know what they say....will use no yarn before it's time (stash) and no pattern before it's yarn.    I know it's what I say to myself to sleep at night in a house full of unfinished projects and yarn.  I picked up this lovely yarn from Briar Rose and the Michigan Fiber Festival last August.  I love it! 
I began the shawl in November and quickly put it aside for other projects....I know, it was sad...but this month, I finished it and I love it.  It's exactly what I had hoped it would be.

4 comments:

paula said...

Beautiful ~ both the yarn and the pattern!

Elle said...

This is gorgeous, I can't wait to see it in person. For some reason, I don't remember you working on this one.

LeAnn said...

Did I tell you that this is gorgeous? If not...IT'S GORGEOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

It's the prettiest shawl I've ever seen. Can you tell me where I can purchase the pattern. What yarn did you use?

It's truly spectacular, I'm so happy to have. Even able to see it. My email is sherry.olmstead@yahoo.com.