04 January 2012

My Little Monkey

Ok...so for the holiday season I was in Michigan and Canada with the family.  Prior to this trip, I received an email from Kathy (the little monkey's mother) with instructions on what we were to expect during our visit.  The email was sent to myself, Mum and Pascoe (monkey's uncle....seriously) since we are not permanent residents in the house.  I am posting this because it is truly priceless and as I have experienced.....true.  The chld was using the word 'no' for everything....it was great!
Note the socks on the monkey...he wore them all... 

I thought I should duly inform you of Mitchell’s new rules of ownership of all items entering the home before you all come over for Christmas:
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.

7. If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.
11. If it's broken, but you are having fun playing with the pieces, it's mine again.
12. If there is ANY doubt, it's mine.


Yep. That about covers it.
Oh, and the word of the season for Mitchell is “no”...lots of “no” flying around this house from him and us! Practice saying, “No, Mitchell, do not jump onto the Christmas tree!” and “No, Mitchell, do not take off the Nutcracker Prince’s head, please!” and “No, Mitchell, do not feed your ham and cheese to Mommy’s Frosty the Snowman figurine!” and “No, Mitchell, do not climb the hutch to play with Mommy’s glass snow globe!” and “No, Mitchell, do not play with Baba Tia’s light up Christmas sculpture!”...you get the idea.  Theree you go...very good practicing. See you soon!

2 comments:

Elle said...

aaaaaaah, the word No. It is truly a fabulous word, especially coming from a 3 yr old. Love that he is wearing the socks.

Katherine Hall said...

I'm laughing so much at all these great memories - he really is a little monkey! Don't forget you're the monkey's Kuma...he got his "monkeyness" from somewhere!