19 May 2011

Odds and Ends

Ok....so the weather has broken and with it, the cicadas are active in my yard for the first time this year.  Perhaps I'm lucky they're just coming now, or maybe unlucky that they're just coming out now.  Either way...they're noisy and flitting about.






I'm getting ready for the Middle Tennessee Sheep, Wool and Fiber Festival in Dickson, TN May 27th and 28th.  This will be a first for me and certainly for the new Blue Leaf Arts.  I'll be sharing a booth with Jan, Daily Fibers and looking forward to having a great time, meeting new people and visiting with old friends.  Come out and see us.




I have also finished another hank of beaded yarn.

Also, I'm going to be taking a class from Lynne Vogel called Hands on Color this weekend, that I'm really looking forward too.  New spinning techniques, fibres and people....yippppeeee!!!  More to come.

Well, it happened, I finally finished the linen stitch scarf out of mini mochi.  Now I loved doing the first one and finished it fairly quickly, so I thought, why not do it again....why not indeed....omg...I started this September with the intention that it would be a great project while on vacation last fall.  I've been slowly knitting on it ever since.  I finally just decided it was wide enough and put it out of my misery.  It turned out beautiful, don't get me wrong, but enough tiny linen stitch for now.  I remember working on it in Garden City, NY while sitting outside, drinking a starbucks, waiting for Kathleen.  Two children (Bella and Henry) were so fascinated they sat with me and we chatted the entire time.  What a great day and a great memory with this scarf. 

Lastly, I have a photo of the charms for my finished work for blue leaf arts.  Let me know what you think.

See you at the festival.

No comments: