27 November 2010

Hallmark Moments

Ok.....so it's that time of year again...and yet again, I've fallen hook, line and sinker for the holiday emotion jerking movies and commercials.  Seriously, what's wrong with me.  I start sniffling when the father realizes he's wasted years without his son, I tear up when the mother realizes that her children really respect and love her, I sob when love is found under the mistletoe.  And all of this is in the guise of Christmas and Santa.  That poor family who didn't know how to communicate was stranded and had to learn to live and talk with each other.  Husbands buy their wives heart shaped diamond pendants and the women love them.  How thoughtful?  I can't help it.  I'm a sucker.  I'm a sap.  I love it.  I'm in it for the count.  This is the best part.....I don't even have to look for these movies.  Once you watch one, TiVo deduces that you love that junk and it just keeps recording them.  It's like having your own personal sap pusher.  I can't stop....I'm out of control.  Whatever the Hallmark channel cannot provide, the Lifetime network will.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to replenish the Kleenex and sift through the channel guide.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I meant, "I'm such a Hallmark Moments suck!"