01 September 2010

September 1st Thoughts

Ok....so today is September 1st...as if you didn't know...

1.  Does this mean it will finally cool off in Nashville?  I hope so, I'm a northern girl, living in a southern city and this is way to hot.  Although I hear there is a heatwave sweeping the great lakes states that is comparable.

2.  When did it become acceptable to wear pajamas and slippers everywhere.  Seriously...  I was in Arby's yesterday (fun fact...the first Arby's roast beef sandwich was born in 1964, just like my little brother)...and I saw a woman with slippers.  Not shoes you might wear in the house, but rubber soled, fuzzy fuchsia slippers with a big fuzzy fuchsia flower on the front.  I know we've become a society all about being comfortable and not caring what others think, but have we gone too far?  It's bad enough that it has become the norm to wear your pants low enough to share your underwear (by the way, if you're going to do this....get some groovy underwear), but now, we're wearing our sleeping attire out.  Enough is enough....go to the closet and get a pair of shoes before you go out.

3.  I'm starting a cool notebook round robin with a ravelry group (knitting version of facebook).  I'm so excited about this project and the prospects it brings; new friends, new ideas, pictures.  I am readying my notebook for the initial mailing and will receive back early November 2011.  It will be traveling internationally.  I will be periodically posting here about this adventure.  Stay tuned. 

4.  My little man is sick...I am sending out a virtual hug and electronic vibes to heal him.










5.  I have just finished the autumn sweater for Mitchell (aka, my little man) and love how it turned out.  I'm in the limbo of what to do next....pick up an unfinished project, start a new project, stare at the yarn chanting until it comes to me what I want to do next. 

6.  I am back to knitting for Hospice.  For those of you who do not know, I am knitting for Alive Hospice in Middle TN.  I am fortunate to have a group of woman working with me on this project.  In our spare knitting time....bah, hah, hah (borrowed from Kathy...thank you very much)....we have already made a May 2010 donation  and are gearing up for a September 2010 donation.  Most likely we will do one more this year before Christmas. 

7.  Paco (my imaginary pool boy) has not finished the yard work as asked, however, since it has been so hot he has had to pare down his usual uniform and instead is working on perfecting his margarita skills.  Someone has to do it.

8.  How is it already September?  I was in Michael's the other day and they had the Christmas stuff out.  Is it really time to start thinking about Christmas.  It's 92 degrees here.  And I know we think of September as fall, but when was the last time September actually looked like or felt like fall....it's the end of summer...let's just admit it.
Enough said.

4 comments:

Ash said...

i like the last 2 pitchurs alot!

Christina said...

Thank you....

Lisa said...

Aaaaaahhhh, the comfort of slippers ... I remember seeing one of the Vandy students at Bread & Company last spring standing in line with her furry slippers and slouchy pj bottoms. Hmmmmmm, our youth that will soon be running the world ....

Katherine Hall said...

Kuma, he's going to be the coolest kid in town! What a great little sweater for him - very Mitchell, actually!

Love it - thank you so much!