15 September 2010

Catch up....

Ok...now back to our regularly scheduled discussion....spinning.  I have completed 4 oz. of BFL in red/orange (snuck the completed spindle in this roving shot) and have moved on to merino in shades of green.  When I shopped with Jan, this colorway was the first to grab my eye.  Now, I know...this is nothing I can wear and perhaps that is why I'm so drawn to it...it's forbidden, but oh so beautiful.  I'm using my smaller spindle and actually the yarn isn't as artsy (read lumpy) as the first batch I did.  So, I'm wondering....is this a result of practice or is it the merino.  I have to say, I love the merino.  Time will tell as the remainder of the roving I have is mixed BFL.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with the yarn I'm spinning, to twist or not to twist is the first decision....  I have actually been thinking about weaving my new red art yarn...just a thought.

I am working diligently on the navy wool wrap and it's coming along well.  Pictures to follow.  Hope to have it completely before I leave.

I have also started my Peace Fleece project with Sue.  We're currently working the yoke of the Sidar Cabled Yoke Cardi.  More updates as we proceed.





I have also started another Traveling Woman Shawlette with the gorgeous purple Zauberball for Kathy.  No pics of this yet.  It's knitting up pretty quickly so mostly likely won't shoot until it's complete.  But the shot of the yarn should let you know it's beautiful and soft.

I have also decided on an experiment....I have a Zauberball that goes with my red gloves...check out a couple of posts back.  I will be making a scarf for myself of linen stitch.  Love the swatch.  450 stitches cast on should be interesting, but I think it will make a good travel project.

Any of you who know me well, know that I usually only knit one thing at a time....I'm a one project kind of gal...get it done, move on.  But something has happened recently....the voices have gotten to me....I have given in and gone berserk.  So far I'm not stressed by it and enjoying it.....once again, time will tell.

1 comment:

Katherine Hall said...

Yay! Purple Zauberball for Kathy! Can't wait!